Pages

Costs $5 to enter the competition.

1 boy and 1 girl winner will split the money.

The winner will be based 100% on your before and after picture judged by an outside party.

As part of the competition, you will need to have a goal that you are working for- lose weight, lose size in your waist, gain muscle.

You need to submit a weekly update on your progress. i.e. I lost 3 lbs this week!

AHEM: Sarah wishes the pictoral evidence shown below were a part of her every day life.

Even as I sit here typing this, she's just laughing. No denial whatsoever. Guys...I think you can be proud.

And a little embarrassed. Oiled?! DERRICK.

A special shout-out to Cary, though: actually, there are no words. Some things...well, nevermind.

Fantastic. Thank you, thank you very much. Our lives will never be the same. Truly.

Sincerely,

DeeAura (who speaks for the rest of the female population in this room...consisting of a number that shall remain unspecified.)

Photobucket

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Gym Guys

Anyone who hasn't seen Jim Rome's "Gym Guy" needs to watch it. For the longest time 24 hour fitness's gym guys would make me feel like the wimpiest skinniest kid who had no idea what he was doing. I felt silently judged when the 400 pound beasts of a men would watch me struggle to press my 65 dumbells. And even more self conscious when I see them putting up the 120's.

Last week an amazing thing happened: I finally felt like I belonged.

While I am still definitely on the small side at my gym, I feel comfortable doing my thing. The gym guys are not as intimidating because I recognize them. More importantly I have realized that they are always there. No matter when I go, they are there. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate their presence, I have based a lot of my form and to a smaller degree my workouts by watching them. It just helps to be less self conscious realizing that I don't have 7 hours a day to work out.

Pull-ups also make me feel good. I'm up to 17 (my goal is 25). I have yet to see those giant men even attempt one.

Anyway, we are half way done. Some of you still haven't posted. I hope you are still working out. For those of us who actually check the blog (Sarah, Jason, Bethany and I) stick with it.

4 comments:

  1. Listen ya little...I check it too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Gym guys" make going to the gym that much more entertaining. I find myself listening into their conversations and the lingo that they use and it's hilarious. you still need to check out "Softball guy"

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey, i believe i've commented on most posts

    ReplyDelete