Pages

Costs $5 to enter the competition.

1 boy and 1 girl winner will split the money.

The winner will be based 100% on your before and after picture judged by an outside party.

As part of the competition, you will need to have a goal that you are working for- lose weight, lose size in your waist, gain muscle.

You need to submit a weekly update on your progress. i.e. I lost 3 lbs this week!

AHEM: Sarah wishes the pictoral evidence shown below were a part of her every day life.

Even as I sit here typing this, she's just laughing. No denial whatsoever. Guys...I think you can be proud.

And a little embarrassed. Oiled?! DERRICK.

A special shout-out to Cary, though: actually, there are no words. Some things...well, nevermind.

Fantastic. Thank you, thank you very much. Our lives will never be the same. Truly.

Sincerely,

DeeAura (who speaks for the rest of the female population in this room...consisting of a number that shall remain unspecified.)

Photobucket

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Calorie is so not king

Calorie is so not king

To those trying to lose weight calorie is king due to simple math. If I take in less than I am putting out I will magically become Jennifer Garner... right?
While this is true, I would like to submit another thought to the weight loss battle. When it comes to weight loss, and health in general, guilty is WAY more important than quantity.
This about this, we will do an easy one first
Twinkie=150 calories (+tons of sugars and fats) clearly not a good choice
Red Pepper=45 calories (+tons of vitamins, fiber, and water)

Clearly the Twinkie loses this battle... BUT if you did eat the 150 calories and then burned those same 150 cal you would be square... right?
Right?.... so not right

Let's do a harder one...
I am trying to lose weight, for my snack, do I eat....

String cheese: 80 Kcal
Whole wheat bread: 70Kcal

Both are nutrition dense foods, but which is better for weight loss?!

Here is where the calorie counters run into trouble... I bet most of you out there would choose the bread,it is after all whole wheat.

You would have made a better choice than the Twinkie, but to lose weight you need to limit your sugars!
This is basically carbs in any form. Yes I do realize that carbs are in EVERYTHING... but the important thing to remember is;
While trying to reach a weight loss goal the best time to consume grains (breads, pasta, rice, oatmeal...) is right after your workout. This is when your body processes them best, and they are much less likely to be stored around your waist for future use.

When I am trying to lose weight I consume more calories than I would normally even want to eat. My meals and snacks consist of things like;
raw nuts, lean protean, vegetables, vegetables, vegetables, low fat cheese, Omega 3 eggs, avocados....
Lots of nutritious, very filling foods.
I never feel hungry... I usually struggle to finish my entire meal!

1 comment:

  1. why isn't Todd joining our ridiculous fitness competition with already fit individuals?

    ReplyDelete